Men Do Cry


Roger Federer couldn't hold back his tears after his defeat at the hand of Rafael Nadal in the Australian Open final. That puts his quest for a record-equalling 14 Grand Slam titles still on hold.

Who says men don't cry?

8 comments :: Men Do Cry

  1. Poor roger. Kids need to know this, how much the amount of passion roger federer has put in the game he loves which allows him to cry.

    Congratulations rafa. I mean rafael nadal. That rafa in merseyside pun congrats juga.

    A great day for spaniards, including fernando torres and raul gonzalez. I bet their tortillas taste better now.

  2. which remind me of a motto;
    pride passion tradition...

  3. I watched the game. Learning to understand tennis since both mom and dad are really into tennis since Sampras' days.

    Somehow I was rooting for Nadal to win and he did! Woo hoo! I have this thing for underdogs. Not to say that Nadal is an underdog tho, but compared to Roger, Nadal is quite underdog-ish.

    One thing about men crying as I have observed in this 20 short years of my life is that they keep it for the most precious moments.

  4. nadal is NOT underdog material: read the january TIME, dear. not that we're not liking fedex too much..

    ah well. the prize goes to teh best, no?

  5. Yeah, I know. My vocabulary is as big as an aglet so forgive me for the lack of a better word.

    He's younger than Fed, haven't won as many Grand Slams as Fed so yeah, that's what I'm saying. I like people like that to win. Eventhough Nadal is world No. 1.

  6. which brings to a bigger question..
    what do we cry for?

  7. I usually don't reserve any feeling for losers but seeing him cried, I felt like crying too. I guess it's true that there's nothing wrong with being gracious in defeat. His passion is for real, God knows how much pain he endured because of the loss.

    Nadal's sincere apology in his speech afterward was a true mark of a champion. You can have all the success in the world, but unless you remain humble no one will regard you so high.

    To me, both Federer and Nadal were winners last night.

  8. Hence, the true meaning of sportsmanship

Post a Comment